The School Fee Remission Scheme is installed to offer assistance to families with financial difficulties in paying school fees for their children, so as to avoid depriving students’ opportunity to education. A minimum of 10% of the school fees received each academic year will be reserved and used for this purpose.
Newly enrolled students or current students come from families with financial difficulties are eligible to apply with submission made by parents.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the school website or obtained from the General Office.
- Applications should be submitted by the applicants before the start of the academic year. Students who are admitted to School amid the term or whose families are experiencing sudden financial difficulties may submit applications in the middle of the term for processing at school’s discretion. In general, eligible applications submitted on or before the 23rd day of each month, remission may be granted from the following month.
- Completed application forms with income proof or supporting documents regarding the application results of CSSA / SFO should be returned to the General Office by post or in person.
- Applicants who receive other subsidies/ grants/ allowances should provide supporting documents in their application.
Streamlined procedures and priority will be given to the following three types of applications:
- Applicants receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) will be granted FULL school fee remission.
- Applicants receiving full financial assistance by SFO will be granted FULL school fee remission.
- Applicants receiving half financial assistance by SFO will be granted HALF school fee remission.
Applications of students come from families with financial difficulties or without receiving any of the above assistance will be dealt with in accordance with the “Adjusted Family Income” (AFI) mechanism adopted by SFO as the means test to assess the eligibility of a family for student financial assistance and its assistance level. The AFI mechanism is based on the following formula:
(i) Gross annual income of the family includes the annual income of the applicant and his/her spouse; 30% of the annual income of unmarried child /children residing with the family if applicable; and the contribution from relatives /friends if applicable.
(ii) The members of a family normally refer to the applicant, his/her spouse, unmarried child /children residing with the family and the dependent parent(s) who are supported by the applicant and /or his/her spouse.
(iii) For single-parent families of 2 to 3 members, the “plus 1 factor” in the divisor of the AFI formula will be increased to 2.
(iv) The AFI eligibility benchmarks for various levels of assistance in 2023/24 school year are listed in the table below.(Please note that the AFI is not the average monthly income of a family.)(Please note that the AFI is not the average monthly income of a family.)
|2023/24 school year - AFI Between (HK$)
|Level of Assistance
|0 – 43,495
|43,496 – 84,105
|Ineligible (applications not successful)
Remark:* AFI thresholds for full level of assistance for 3-member and 4-member families are $52,657 and $48,445 respectively in the 2023/24 school year. For 2-member single-parent families and 3-member single-parent families, they are regarded as 3-member families and 4-member families respectively for determining the AFI thresholds for full level of assistance and calculation of AFI.
Amount of remission: Full, half, or nil fee remission will be decided and granted after perusal by the school authority.
Approval and Appeal
- The Approval Committee is responsible for approving all applications. Members of the Committee comprise the Principal and two Administrative Officers.
- Members of the Appeal Committee comprise the Supervisor, Vice Principal, and one Administrative Officer.
- Applicants may file a written appeal request with the Appeal Committee against a decision of an unsuccessful application or approved amount of remission within 14 working days after receipt of the application result.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome in writing by the Appeal Committee within 14 working days after receipt of the appeal request.
- It is at the final discretion of the School to grant approval for fee remission.
Families who receive fee remission from the School should notify the School once their financial status has improved, such that necessary adjustment will be in the amount of fee remission.
Please contact us at 2817 1746 for any enquiries.